What’s your go-to song when you feel lonely? Does hearing or playing that song reinforce sad feelings, or does it actually inspire something beautiful out of isolation? This episode is about one particular song that I think epitomizes so many different aspects of being alone.
Ah, the fresh smell of a brand new website…still pulling the wrapper off of this one. After listening to a whole bunch of amazing podcasts, I’ve been inspired to start my own. After a sleepless night trying to ponder what it’s going to be about, inspiration hit, and here I am. Still can’t believe this domain name was available! Huzzah! So, first steps:
- Compose and record the theme song
- Set up Google Analytics (get used to this, musicians – I’m a nerdy, geeky techie as much as I am a musician)
- Play around with WordPress – I’ve been a Joomla power user for so many years, but very curious about WP, given that most podcasters seem to favor it, so…here I play!
- Figure out ways to make this site pretty
- Map out the first potential episodes
- Research episode #1
- Start recording!!
- Then eventually set up the whole iTunes/Stitcher/Podcast/RSS thingies and distribute to earbuds around the world…
Well, that’s the hope at least. Here’s hoping for smooth starts!