4Friday is a weekly series that I started on my personal website at http://hughsung.com where I share 4 musical things I found interesting in the past week. They can range from songs to podcasts, blogs and books, and other musical sundries. (I must confess, I “borrowed” the idea from Tim Ferriss’ excellent 5-Bullet Friday emails). Enjoy!
Ah, the fresh smell of a brand new website…still pulling the wrapper off of this one. After listening to a whole bunch of amazing podcasts, I’ve been inspired to start my own. After a sleepless night trying to ponder what it’s going to be about, inspiration hit, and here I am. Still can’t believe this domain name was available! Huzzah! So, first steps:
- Compose and record the theme song
- Set up Google Analytics (get used to this, musicians – I’m a nerdy, geeky techie as much as I am a musician)
- Play around with WordPress – I’ve been a Joomla power user for so many years, but very curious about WP, given that most podcasters seem to favor it, so…here I play!
- Figure out ways to make this site pretty
- Map out the first potential episodes
- Research episode #1
- Start recording!!
- Then eventually set up the whole iTunes/Stitcher/Podcast/RSS thingies and distribute to earbuds around the world…
Well, that’s the hope at least. Here’s hoping for smooth starts!